INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR AGREEMENT
This Independent Contractor Agreement (this "Agreement") is made effective as of the date of purchase by and between the current payee (the "Recipient") and Kurate LLC (the "Contractor"). In this Agreement, the party who is contracting to receive the services shall be referred to as "Recipient", and the party who will be providing the services shall be referred to as "Contractor."
1. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES. Beginning on a date agreed upon by both parties, the Contractor will provide the following services each month (collectively, the "Services"):
1. Biweekly reel/tik-tok scripting in the total of 20 recommendations per month
Upon payment + onboarding, client + service provider will agree upon delivery dates for biweekly scripting.
Kurate LLC is only responsible for the scripting of videos, client is fully responsible for filming, editing and posting.
2. PAYMENT FOR SERVICES. The Recipient will pay compensation to the Contractor for the Services in the amount of $300.00 per calendar month. Payments will be made as follows:
Recurring Monthly Installments due on this date:
No other fees and/or expenses will be paid to the Contractor, unless such fees and/or expenses have been approved in advance by the appropriate executive on behalf of the Recipient in writing. The Contractor shall be solely responsible for any and all taxes, Social Security contributions or payments, disability insurance, unemployment taxes, and other payroll type taxes applicable to such compensation.
3. TERM/TERMINATION. This Agreement may be terminated by either party upon 30 days' written notice to the other party.
A regular, ongoing relationship of indefinite term is not contemplated. The Recipient has no right to assign services to the Contractor other than as specifically contemplated by this Agreement. However, the parties may mutually agree that the Contractor shall perform other services for the Recipient, pursuant to the terms of this Agreement.
4. RELATIONSHIP OF PARTIES. It is understood by the parties that the Contractor is an independent contractor with respect to the Recipient, and not an employee of the Recipient. The Recipient will not provide fringe benefits, including health insurance benefits, or any other employee benefit, for the benefit of the Contractor.
It is contemplated that the relationship between the Contractor and the Recipient shall be a non exclusive one. The Contractor also performs services for other organizations and/or individuals. The Recipient has no right to further inquire into the Contractor's other activities.
5. RECIPIENT'S CONTROL. The Recipient has no right or power to control or otherwise interfere with the Contractor's mode of affecting performance under this Agreement. The Recipient's only concern is the result of the Contractor's work, and not the means of accomplishing it. Except in extraordinary circumstances and when necessary, the Contractor shall perform the Services without direct supervision by the Recipient.
6. PROFESSIONAL CAPACITY. The Contractor is a professional who uses its own professional and business methods to perform services. The Contractor has not and will not receive training from the Recipient regarding how to perform the Services.
7. PERSONAL SERVICES NOT REQUIRED. The Contractor is not required to render the Services personally and may employ others to perform the Services on behalf of the Recipient without the Recipient's knowledge or consent. If the Contractor has assistants, it is the Contractor's responsibility to hire them and to provide materials for them.
8. NO LOCATION ON PREMISES. The Contractor has no desk or other equipment either located at or furnished by the Recipient. Except to the extent that the Contractor works in a territory as defined by the Recipient, its services are not integrated into the mainstream of the Recipient's business.
9. NO SET WORK HOURS. The Contractor has no set hours of work. There is no requirement that the Contractor work full time or otherwise account for work hours. The normal business hours of the Contractor is Monday - Thursday, 10 AM - 4 PM EST. Under normal circumstances, the Recipient can expect to receive timely communication within the Contractor’s normal business hours.
10. EXPENSES PAID BY CONTRACTOR. The Contractor's business and travel expenses are to be paid by the Contractor and not by the Recipient. This does not include in-person events that the Recipient and Contractor agree to outside of the terms of this contract.
11. OWNERSHIP OF SOCIAL MEDIA CONTACTS AND CONTENT. Any social media contacts, including "followers" or "friends," that are acquired through accounts (including, but not limited to email addresses, blogs, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, or other social media networks) used or created on behalf of the Recipient are the property of the Recipient. All content created and posted or sent by the Contractor on behalf of the Recipient is owned by the Recipient and the Contractor is not liable for anything regarding the Recipient’s social media content, copy, emails, etc.
12. CONFIDENTIALITY. Contractor may have had access to proprietary, private and/or otherwise confidential information ("Confidential Information") of the Recipient. Confidential Information shall mean all non-public information which constitutes, relates or refers to the operation of the business of the Recipient, including without limitation, all financial, investment, operational, personnel, sales, marketing, managerial and statistical information of the Recipient, and any and all trade secrets, customer lists, or pricing information of the Recipient. The nature of the information and the manner of disclosure are such that a reasonable person would understand it to be confidential. The Contractor will not at any time or in any manner, either directly or indirectly, use for the personal benefit of the Contractor, or divulge, disclose, or communicate in any manner any Confidential Information. The Contractor will protect such information and treat the Confidential Information as strictly confidential. This provision shall continue to be effective after the termination of this Agreement. Upon termination of this Agreement, the Contractor will return to the Recipient all Confidential Information, whether physical or electronic, and other items that were used, created, or controlled by the Contractor during the term of this Agreement.
This Agreement is in compliance with the Defend Trade Secrets Act and provides civil or criminal immunity to any individual for the disclosure of trade secrets: (i) made in confidence to a federal, state, or local government official, or to an attorney when the disclosure is to report suspected violations of the law; or (ii) in a complaint or other document filed in a lawsuit if made under seal.
13. NO RIGHT TO ACT AS AGENT. An "employer-employee" or "principal-agent" relationship is not created merely because (1) the Recipient has or retains the right to supervise or inspect the work as it progresses in order to ensure compliance with the terms of the contract or (2) the Recipient has or retains the right to stop work done improperly. The Contractor has no right to act as an agent for the Recipient and has an obligation to notify any involved parties that it is not an agent of the Recipient.
14. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Agreement constitutes the entire contract between the parties. All terms and conditions contained in any other writings previously executed by the parties regarding the matters contemplated herein shall be deemed to be merged herein and superseded hereby. No modification of this Agreement shall be deemed effective unless in writing and signed by the parties hereto.
15. WAIVER OF BREACH. The waiver by the Recipient of a breach of any provision of this Agreement by Contractor shall not operate or be construed as a waiver of any subsequent breach by Contractor.
16. SEVERABILITY. If any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable. If a court finds that any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable, but that by limiting such provision it would become valid and enforceable, then such provision shall be deemed to be written, construed, and enforced as so limited.
17. APPLICABLE LAW. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida.
18. SIGNATORIES. This Agreement shall be signed by the current payee and by Kali Lee, CEO on behalf of KURATE CREATIVE LLC. This Agreement is effective as of the date first above written.